8 Birthday Party Themesadmin
Birthday parties are fun. But you know what makes them even more exciting? A certain thematic. It does not matter if you are celebrating one of your kiddos, your husband, mom or grandpa, a little bit of flair and color always cheer people up!
Although you may think that a party theme is a terrific idea, you may lack the inspiration to find the perfect idea. Don’t worry, we’ve got your back! Here are some of the most popular, festive themes (setting the ambiance and getting decoration for these ideas is not hard!):
- the word itself evokes a happy crowd, doesn’t it? Rent a big tent and let the games begin! You can add the following items: candy centerpieces for the tables, red and white banners (classic!), giant popcorn bag balloons, and more. Gather your guests under the tent and play games, give themed-inspired prizes, and send them home with kettle corn party favors. They will have a blast. Quick tip if you are throwing this party for little kids: warn the parents the clothes can get messy.
- up a tent, place plush animals (lions, giraffes, monkeys) strategically set and bam! You’ve got yourself an entertainment. Peanuts and popcorn are imperative as snacks. As soon as your guests arrive hand them red clown noses, it doesn’t matter if your celebration is intended for an older crowd, they will love it.
- The 80s. what is with the world being fascinated with this decade? If you were born in the 80s, spent your childhood, adolescence, or adulthood in this decade, you will understand. Throwing an 80s bash is fun for kiddos because you can get memorabilia –items they’ve never seen in their lives! (think about cassettes, Rubik’s cube, huge scrunchies, and Cindy Lauper). Nothing funnier than dress up with aqua net-filled hair, big shoulders, neon colors, and an attitude. Go on, watch 16 candles, or The Goonies, include as many sentimental items as you can.
- Movie-themed party. Does the birthday boy, girl, have a favorite movie? Perhaps they love the Star Wars Saga, or LOTR, Harry Potter, Grease? You can recreate the ambiance with costumes and snacks accordingly –milkshakes if you want to relive Danny Zuko’s and Sandy’s love story! Order a themed cake and voila!
- Prom Party. Want to relive your teenage years? Or give your kids the chance of dressing up? Picture this: bowls with punch, huge frames to take pictures, cheesy music, corsages… are you there yet? Take the gowns out of the closet and enjoy the traditional way.
- Black and white. Are you on a tight budget? But still, want to do something out of the ordinary? Throw a black and white party celebration! Just make sure all the decorations match and that you ask your guests to dress accordingly and that the cake is both colors. It is fun, cheap and the photos will be awesome!
One last tip, no matter how good our intentions are, or how vast our imagination is. Always, always put yourself in the shoes of the celebrated person. What would he or she like? A private, elegant gathering? A fun, loud celebration with costumes? Starting from there, unleash your creativity!