6 Date Ideas for Every Occasionadmin
A romantic date can have very different meanings. First dates are one thing: having a one-on-one with your hubby (away from your kids) is totally different. In both cases, however, the goal is to create an enjoyable evening together. If you have just begun a relationship, or if you’re well into your first decade married, it is easy to fall into habits. Do the same thing, plan around the same places. Routine gives balance to our lives, but to keep the spark ignited. You have to get out of your comfort zone once in a while! Here are some fun ideas for you and your beloved one to try on:
- Farmers market shopping. Aside from traveling –and of course, living together –shopping is an excellent way to get to know someone. It is a way to learn tastes, preferences (even how well one spends money, ups!). a Farmer’s market is always fun –for married couples as well. Do you want to upgrade the day? Go home and cook something together with the goodies you brought home.
- Netflix and chill –but do it fun. Getting cozy on the sofa watching your favorite TV series is excellent, but not precisely a one-of-a-kind date. Instead, give your “Netflix night” some flavor. Watch a marathon of your favorite classic movies; each of you picks a movie that the other person has never seen. Pick a subject: “best romantic comedies of all times.” Wine and snacks are welcome.
- Go to a national park for a picnic. The great thing about America is that no matter where you live, there’s a National Park one or two hours away. So, pack your checkered tablecloth, your basket, cooler (include some champagne), and a blanket and head off. Bit of a daredevil? Spend the night under the stars. (just make sure the Park has a designated area for camping).
- Take a cooking class. Oh! This is perfect for a first date. The first dates are a bit awkward and clumsy. Taking a cooking class will set you both in a relaxed mood, and, let’s face it, there’s something sexy about prepping a meal while looking into each other eyes. Cooking classes are also fun for steady couples. If you are married, watching your significant other squashing tomatoes and splashing olive oil will take your mind off paying rent, the kids, and your routine. It is all about fun!
- Go to a wine tasting. No date that includes the word “wine” is doomed to be anything but excellent. Wine tastings are fun; you learn something and, the grape juice will make the small talk flow better. Just make sure you pick something laid back, you do not want to be standing in front of a sommelier for hours discussing pinot noirs vs. merlots.
- Get dressed and go to the theater. Or to the Opera. Or to a fancy restaurant! Unless you work for Miranda Presley, most likely, you run about your week in comfortable outfits –nothing wrong with it. So, surprise your significant other with an invitation to an upscale place. Get all dressed up and feel like royalty for a night.
The perfect date is not about how much money you spend, or how far you go. A memorable date includes lots of looking into each other eyes, laugh, lots of kissing, and a dash of creativity.